Friday, August 28, 2009

AMAZING ARUNDHATI

It was 14th January 2009. A new day began in the Sundarban Jungle. The Sun has just risen in the east, reflecting beautiful ripples in the waters of Hooghly River. Sundri trees were really looking nice. The forest cocks were shouting hard, to give everyone the alarm, that now it was morning.

“Arindam”,the laziest tiger of the jungle, heard the alarm, but still sleeping, putting one hand on the forehead of her wife “Arundhati”,the tigress. Arundhati boasted him, “Uuuh, what are you up to now, wake up, you are so lazy, uuh. Now, we have to go for hunting, dear. We have no food in our stock, for our children. Go, and freshen yourself, and be ready quickly. We will go for hunting now.”

By around 11 AM, already both of them have hunted 10 small deers, in that jungle. “Are you smelling something”, asked Arindam. “Yes, dear, it is the smell of a human being. I think, that human is near that “Bon-Bibi” goddess mandir. Come on, let us hunt that human.” said Arundhati.

Arindam said, “I am not in a mood to hunt a human today, dear. Already, we have hunted so many deers.” Arundhati angrily told, “Uff, you are such a lazy tiger. I don’t know why I fell in love with you. You stay here and wait for me to come back”.

Arundhati approached towards the prey, with leaps and bounds, with a pin drop silence, and took the position behind a bush, which is just a three meters away from the “Bon-Bibi” goddess mandir.“Mrinalini”,the human lady was crying in front of the temple. She was uttering, “Hey, Devi, you have never helped us. Last week, my husband came to the jungle to collect honey, and was killed by a tiger. After that, my mother-in-law termed me as a “Daaini” (Witch), and kicked me and my two little children out of the house. I had no one, except my sweet hubby. I lost my parents last year, in the flood. Please help me and my little children.”

Arundhati signaled her husband to roar loudly, by wagging her tail, from the bushes. Arindam roared like a hungry tiger. Mrinalini got frightened and started to run towards the village. The tigress followed her, and saw the house, where Mrinalini lives with her children.It was around 3 PM, everyone was almost taking their nap, in the afternoon. Arundhati entered the village and put two dead deers in front of Mrinalini’s house. Arundhati came back to jungle, as early as possible, as village people were throwing stones and pebbles at her. The tigress was somewhat injured but she was safely home.

Arindam asked, “I don’t understand, what the hell you are trying to do. Every one of us, have done our lunch, and you have given those humans the meat of two deers. Tell me the reason for it. Are you mad or what?”Arundhati said, “You are such an idiot. Last week, you hunted one person. Are you aware of that? This woman is the wife of that person. I know you killed Mrinalini’s hubby, for the sake of our family. So, it was also my duty to do something for Mrinalini’s family. After all, maybe I am not a human, but I am also a mother and a wife”.

Arindam came near to his wife and said, “Wow, honey, you deserve a lovely kiss from your hubby. I have never thought that this quarrelling and terrific tigress has a good heart”.The tiger kissed his beloved tigress and said, “I love my “Amazing Arundhati”.I will remain lazy for the sake of getting your lovely boasting, dear”.

No comments:

Post a Comment